Sunday, March 4, 2012

Adulthood

Every now and then it hits me that whoa I am 22. When the hell did that happen? wasn't it just yesterday that I was 16 and sitting in the back of my AP English class reading mangas instead of learning Walt Whitman. Now I have to deal with adult issues like paying rent and bills and worrying about insurance coverage. I see so many other adults my age who have it together, they have finished college, have real jobs, and grown up hair cuts. Here I am working on being a nurse and working at a job where I have to make coffee for the grown up adults my age. People keep telling me to keep going and not to give up but it isn't always that easy. I feel like this year is my make it or break it year, and my to do list keeps growing. I guess I should just take it on one by one and pray I don't fuck it up.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I freak out about no longer being a listless teenager at least once a week. It's hard enough being a young adult. Feeling like I'm not as accomplished as other alumni makes it worse. Ppl say that at least I have a job, and that's true, but should I feel proud that I've worked at Michaels for going on 4 1/2 yrs?

    ReplyDelete